Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year to everyone everywhere...

What is a happy new year?

I sit this morning after moving a couple of feet of snow off my driveway and walkways, my neighbor’s home and come in to get warm. What does happy mean? It certainly has moments of greed, but those are very short lived. Happiness to me is service in some form or another. How long did it take me to help my neighbors? Just a few minutes in a very long day and I can feel like I added some kindness to this ol world.

I keep thinking of how sick I was a few years back and I could do nothing for myself. I learned what it was like to be dependent for the first time in my life, and worse than that, finding a place to put my ego. The hardest thing about being sick was watching others do what I should have been doing. Not that I could, as I couldn’t breathe or get around. This lasted about 7 years total and I’m still not 100%, but I try. I learned how much a visit from a friend meant. I learned that time is the most valuable gift we have. I now go as fast and hard as I can all day until I have no more energy, and I sleep very well. I can say when I do lay down; I feel that my day was full, and that I have no regrets about what I did with my limited time on this earth. All we have is the moment we are alive in, and all we can do is within that moment. So to me I will say Happy New Year to everyone, friends and those I don’t know, but wish the same for. Make your time count, never stop, and never let anyone tell you it’s impossible or you can’t do that. We all have miracles in our lives every time we stretch and grow. To do the same thing over and over is not using our abilities to the fullest and I’m pretty sure isn’t fulfilling, at least for me. I fall down a lot, but I always get back up and am fearless as to my place in this world. I love my life, what I do, and how I treat others. I guess you can say, it’s a nice place to be. No matter what this year brings I will be happy. I have been given much, and in return have much expected of me to give.

No comments: